Monday, February 22, 2010

Ode To the Fat Suit

In order to start the process of fat suit removal, I supose I should should be thankful for what it has given me then bid it adieu. I mean there is a reason it was put on, a reason I kept it so long and now there should be a reason I want to strip it off.

So here we go.

Thank you fat suit for keeping me warm in the winter. For teaching me to love my flawed body and giving me a new perspective on people and their journeys. I would have never known that its socially acceptable to pick on people for their weight, to sneer at them, to make horrible jokes and to automatically judge them as lazy good for nothings. I learned the truth to that. These are men and women, that have feelings that can be hurt, live everyday avoiding sneers, are trying to be happy regardless of judgement, and generally live better lives because we don't judge others for anything, because we know its not fair. We are hard working, *yes thats right you try doing the same jobs as everyone else with extra weight strapped to you*smart, beautiful inside and out, determined to get better, and the only real difference we have from "the skinnys" is we have one of our flaws out there where people can pick it apart and decide who we are based on it. Knowing that has made me a better person.

Thank you Fat Suit for giving me safety. You made me invisible for a while. I could go out anywhere without men paying attention to me before I spoke. I liked that I wasn't approached for my body, I was approached for my personality and wit first. That was a gift. Its something that every woman should have. Thank you Fat Suit for teaching me calorie counts, diets don't work and that motivation is the key to weightloss. Thanks for teaching me I wasn't motivated. I still might not be. Thanks for being something soft to hold when people needed hugs, a shoulder to cry on and a warm place to snooze. Thanks for storing my insecurities, my sadness, my loss and grief, and my anger. Thanks for storing cheese doodles( I will probably still lick the cheese off), lava cake (mmmmm lava cake) fried chicken, Mc Donalds , creme brulee (my favorite) icing, chocolate, salt and vinegar chips and everything else I tried to self medicate with.

Thank you fat suit for being there when I met Jon. It helped find someone that looks inside the person and loves them in what ever size or shape they come in. Its nice to meet people that don't care what you are on the outside, they only care about the inside. I am one of those now. I admit I wasn't before.

And last but not least Fat Suit, thanks for bringing with you all the problems associated with you, so that I have to let you go. You were safe, you were comfortable and easy to keep around, but your not healthy for me anymore.

So I bid you adieu.

2 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned that I love you, for so many reasons, I love that you are able to express the feelings I don't know how to. Thank you for teaching me how to be honest with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know how to do that because you got me to a place where I could express myself again. I love you with my whole soul.

    ReplyDelete