Monday, April 19, 2010

Gym and I

Gym and I have decided to end out 5-month break. Gym and I broke up on Nov. 11th and I haven't been able to visit him since. We broke up for good reasons, but in the end I realized that he does more good for me than bad. Although he makes me hostile and angry when I don't get the results I want, he does make me feel good. The only problem is he wants a long-term relationship and I am the non-commitment type of girl.




Today I will be going to the Gym. I will take baby steps. I have to learn that baby steps aren't so bad. I don't need to see great results after one day at the gym, I don't need to go hardcore, and I don't need to prove anything to others or myself. I am there because I need to love my body again and this body deserves the right to live healthy.

Here is some perspective, I was given a gift of a beautiful, healthy and able body, many in this world weren't, and yet they love their body every way they can. I owe it to this body to make it healthy again. It allowed me to self inflict hatred towards myself, it has allowed me to be spoiled and selfish, it let me cushion my fall. Now I owe it to my body and to myself to feel healthy, to be healthy and to finally close that chapter of my life.



I may hate the gym, I know I will eventually love it again, I may hate watching everything I eat, but I will grasp that and make it work, I will take ownership of my life and quit trying to slowly kill myself with food, laziness and self hatred.

I deserve better than that.

So Gym we are back on, I will try and fall in love with you and start planning a life-time commitment with you. I will be grateful for what you bring to me, and I will try not to see too many of your faults.

We are in this for the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment