Friday, April 15, 2011

Awakening

With all this research on health and nutrition I have discovered many things I never knew.

I had no idea what portion sizes were. I ate well over the natural potion sizes we ACTUALLY need. I always had this thing about taking enough so I wouldn't have to get back up and get more.

A fluffy person hates being seen eating most of the time, but to go up and get seconds...nightmare. So I learned to hoard my food so I would NEVER have to go up for seconds. ( I still did)  Now, I am taking the proper portion, then relaxing enough to hear my body and how it feels about the food sitting inside my tummy and guess what?! I am full! EUREKA!

I learned I love to exercise, I want to hike and I look forward to getting back into some of my favorite sports. I love how amazing my body is at sports.

I have been logging my food and they are right, having a look at what you eat does make you accountable. I had no idea how many calories some foods have and more importantly for me, with my heart condition the sodium is unbelievable in the processed food. I am suppose to keep between 1000 to 1100 mg of Sodium a day and I have never been able to do it, because Sodium is everywhere and in everything. It is a silent killer too much sodium is like razor blades in your blood stream and slowly tears apart your system. Limiting it, has made me feel much better.

Every day is a baby step towards forever.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment