Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This Body

This body was born perfect with dimples on my bottom.
This body took its first steps and giggled with pleasure.T
This body spun around and around in circles until my tummy felt sick.
This body would drop down and nap anywhere and sleep sound.
This body played tag with my brother and giggled with delight.
This body danced at weddings and learned the polka.
This body went into puberty and felt the changes and embraced them.
This body tingled with excitement when it felt love's first kiss.
This body excelled at sports and triumphed in the win, grumbled about the loss.
This body fell in love and it blossomed in it.
This body made love and learned about pleasure and connection.
This body swelled with child and basked in the wonderment of it all.
This body brought life into this world and glowed with pride.
This body was beaten and abused and burns with the shame of it.
This body was violated and made to feel worthless and dulled from the pain.
This body faced loss that covered its heart with molten lava of grief.
This body fought to stay steady when my world tilted upside-down.
This body held me with my broken heart, my self-hatred and my fear.
This body was made to change into something it didn't want.
This body tolerated my abuse.
This body believed I would make it right again.
This body needs me to make it right again and love it.
This body is going to get what it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment