Friday, June 18, 2010

Here we go!!

So I was stuck in traffic on Deerfoot again, and my mind began to wonder.
"I need passion" My mind said. "You can't do anything without it. So find your Bliss."

Where do you find your passion and bliss? I guess you should take things your good at and do something with it.

Ok.

So what am I good at?
What comes natural to me?
Well I am funny, I can speak in public, and I can captivate an audience with my ability to tell a story. I understand people and love to cheer them on.
So.
What do you do with that?

Then suddenly it hit me. HARD. I have always been passionate about people. I have empathy and an understanding that could only come from living this life. I truly want the best for everyone. I wish I could help everyone, but my work, my life and my health can't keep up. How can I take my God given talents and do what gives me passion?


 Then it came to me. I will become that Wolfsheep I talked about in a previous Blog and stand up and advocate for people like me. People that are suffering and sad and pretending to be ok when they clearly are not. I will stand up for them and do it with my passion, my own experience, and my Bliss. I will fight to help heal people enough so they can stop eating to self-sooth, stop eating to fill a hole left from grief, stop harming themselves to numb the pain they are hiding.
Fluffy Flawed and Funny will first become a book,  and where it goes from there only time will tell.
All self help books and books on weight loss are stuck on the fact that you need to stop eating and doing nothing to have weight loss. Ok we know that. What we don't know is how to stop the fear, loneliness and heartache that have us reaching for food to full us up with something. We need to examine why we became fluffy in the first place and heal it. Own it. Forgive it and change it.
Obesity is the only addiction left that doesn't have a program to stop it.

I want to be the first to make that program. I will then spread the word and hopefully start helping people by believing in them and helping them recover.

"You can't be thin until you heal what is within."

Yes. I will be tradmarking that.

Really there isn't a difference between drugs and alcohol and eating. ALL of these are to self medicate. ALL of these are horrible for your health and ALL of these are caused by the need to run away from what is inside you.

I am a classic example.
This isn't about how to make you thin; it’s about making you happy and teaching you to find your bliss. Once you have that, your need for drugs and food will go away.

So everybody, I will be opening myself up for this experiment. I am going to heal myself and get to a place where am in Bliss. This project has given me more passion then...ANYTHING.
Even a cheese doodle.

I’ve found my niche. Now I have to run with it and see what happens. There is a good chance this won't work, but with my heart and soul in this project, I know I will achieve something very magical.

My whole life has lead to this moment.

At my brothers funeral someone said to me." God must have wanted something amazing from you to take Jason."

I was furious. "Oh yeah God! You took him from me to get something out of me. Well I refuse! I won't do this. I won't do anything. I would have done so much more with him than without him. You'll see!!"

I was wrong.
I see that now. If I had never lost Jason. If I never lost my mom, my friends, my children, I would never have learned to care about the human spirit. I wouldn't have the empathy and determination to find my passion. I wouldn't have understood running away from pain and fear and failure.

I wouldn't be fluffy flawed and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment